Friday, April 3, 2009

Dog walkers are the new realtors

I've been in the dog walking business for almost two years now, which is long enough for me to reliably say that dog walking has replaced selling houses as the latest career fad. Not that long ago, everyone I knew was taking real estate classes and trying to get rich off the housing bubble. Now it's the same with dog walking. I've lost track of how many people have approached me at the off leash park for tips on starting their own dog walking businesses. The mere fact that they think it's reasonable for me to chat while on the job makes me question their competence. Let me just set down my Chuck-It and poop bags, turn my attention away from the 100 lb Lab who knocks unsuspecting park goers on their backs for fun and the Pointer who will chase a squirrel across the country given the slightest gap in the fence and explain my marketing strategy to you so you can advertise to my potential clients.

1 comment: